jueves, 12 de noviembre de 2015

12/11 Free Post: Surrealist cinema

I'd like to write about films, but a special kind of that. Of all of genres on cinema, one of my favorites is the surrealist cinema. This genre seems very strange in the first time,  because his parameters escape from the usual logic. The surrealism is characterized for express the art far away from the rational forms, exploring different associations and meanings. The surrealism like an art form is very connected with the unconscious concept of the psychoanalyst theories, because the expression in illogical  forms would be associated outside the conscious, in and unconscious logic.

The surrealism can be expressed in the several forms of arts, but I like it more in films. The lineal argument, such common in the Hollywood industry of cinema, is usually missing there. The scenes are so strange and striking, and so illogical that you become to appreciate the film in another manners by the visual esthetic, by the feeling. When I became to watch this kind of film, I find a new form of appreciate the art, in a lees rational manner.

One of the most celebrated director of surrealist cinema, and one of the first, was Luis Buñuel. His film, "Un Perro Andaluz" are usually his mots recommended film. Other director, more recent, and that I like more,  is David Lynch. I recommend his film "Muholland Drive".

3 comentarios:

  1. I really like David Lynch. Muholland Drive is excelent but I think I have enjoyed most of his stuff.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I just want to say: Smoke (tea jaja) + Surrealist Cinema: Amazing !!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Is a good theme, I like the surrealist art, especially Dali or Picasso or the great master Duchamp, and Perro Andaluz is a great film, very strange, chaotic, provocative and suggestive. Regards!

    ResponderEliminar