jueves, 19 de noviembre de 2015

19/11 A book

well, recently I began to read a book of Michel Foucault, called "technologies of the self", published on 1981. This is a academic book, and I am reading it for a work of a course about violence in the university. The idea of this work is take contents of the course and analyse an aspect of life with them.

The book is about how a disciplinary device can have consequences on a particular form of human concept in the contemporary  society. The technologies of self can force and define a concept of how you must be or do. For the date of publication, this book are about bio politic topics, because the author concentrated on this  topic at the end of his academic production, near these years.

I am enjoying it because I like the writing form of Michel Foucault. I usually like to read him even if the topic of the text were boring. Also it is a short book (only one hundred pages), and with big letter, so I think that it won´t take much time. I read it in the bus travels to the university and I finished twenty pages.

I am not enjoying it because I would like to read other thing, or spend time in other things. I would prefer to read literature, novels or poem books, within things to do. I need a long holiday.

6 comentarios:

  1. i think Foucault is one of the biggest intellectuals of the society, but, i need to read more about him, because maybe i can change my perspective. Cheers !!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I understand you very much, I need read a lot of things for the university and this it´s very sad because I don’t have time for read things of my interest. But in my opinion Foucault is very interesting .

    ResponderEliminar
  3. that is so interesting! I love that course.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I understand you, because university consuming a lot of time, I like Michael Foucault, but I don't know much about his work, I just read his most famous works on power and the Panopticon for my class of philosophy, but nothing more.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Foucault is very interesting, but I think that we not enjoy ¡never! when the books are for the university.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hello mate!!!
    Edited your post in my blog greetings!!! :3

    ResponderEliminar