jueves, 24 de septiembre de 2015

24/09 Fiestas Patrias

 Well, what make chileans chileans? I suppose that the particular traditions of the people. I think that it will change if we talk about the south or northern of Chile, but the thing that can agglomerate all the people is the patriotic feeling, the identification with the territory and the assimilation of the state form of organization and government. If anyone can't do this (like me), i think that it could be called chilean only for living  in a territory called Chile. About the habits, it seems that we do a several things that are particular of september 18, like dance cueca, eat typical foods, or playing rayuela, things that maybe are more typical of the central-south zone of Chile, of a particular period of his history. The rayuela seems a funny game, but i don't know how it plays. The same thing happens me with volantín and trompo. I'm not really interested in that traditional activities. About rodeo, i think that is boring and unnecessary, i mean,  chase a cow to corral it with horses it's an absurd act of violence, only for the object to entertain people.

I normally celebrate Fiestas Patrias in family, with my grandmother and uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. Usually we have a dinner with typical foods and some of they dance cueca. the idea is share a good familiar moment. In this year i didn't celebrated, although my family did. I had planning to do some important things that i did't want to postergate. Fiestas patrias are not very important to me, that's why  i could take me apart of this. For the same reason i can't remember something like "the best Fiestas Patrias that i ever have". I suppose that i only hope to stay with my family and talk a little, at least, the better Fiestas Patrias have been like that.


6 comentarios:

  1. I know how to play rayuela, and I think is boring. And I'm agree with you, rodeo is an unnecessary and violent activity u.u

    ResponderEliminar
  2. yeah traditions change all around the country, it must be different to be a northern chilean that a southern one. so is hard to talk about what makes us chileans.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I think the best thing it´s celebrate with all the family, it´s a very great moment for sharing and having fun with all the beloved people who we can’t see every day

    ResponderEliminar
  4. i m agree with you, and i think, well, never is a bad time to drink wine or terremoto jaja

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I agree with you, no more violence entertainment :,(

    ResponderEliminar